To the New Patient,
Most patients that come to our office have one of two objectives in mind concerning their health care. Some patients come for symptomatic relief of pain or discomfort. Others are interested in having the cause of the problem as well as the symptoms corrected and relieved. Your practitioner will weigh your needs and desires when recommending your treatment program.
1. New Patient Outline of Procedures for Care
STEP ONE: All new patients are requested to carefully read the included materials and fill out both the personal Health History Form and Informed Consent Form.
STEP TWO: A one-on-one consultation will be done to discuss your health problems.
STEP THREE: An Oriental Medical examination-including classical pulse diagnosis and tongue diagnosis-will be given to determine the precise cause of your problem.
STEP FOUR: The practitioner will advise you if additional tests are needed.
STEP FIVE: You will be given an initial Report of Findings at which time the cause of your problem will be discussed. It includes a thorough explanation of our treatment recommendations and what results can be obtained.
STEP SIX: If you are ready, care will begin. Additional explanations will be given on the different types of treatments that are available in the office.
STEP SEVEN: An estimate of the future care that is needed will be given and upon your acceptance, care will continue until the personal maximum correction of your problem has been obtained.
STEP EIGHT: After maximum correction has been obtained, a schedule of care will be recommended to help prevent future problems and maintain good health.
2. Getting the Best Results
To get the best results from treatment please do the following:
* Do not come in for treatment when you are starving or fasting, nor after enjoying a big buffet.
On a daily basis, drink at least 1.5 liters of water.
* Do not eat cold raw foods in large quantities if you have abdominal discomfort or pain: Cold raw foods will damage your digestive organs from an Oriental medical perspective.
* Eliminate all processed food from your diet. (Fast foods, additives, preservatives, and dyes, etc.) Organic and whole foods are the best for your body.
* Avoid dairy products if you suffer from allergies, or digestive, skin, or reproductive disorders. There are many steroids and hormones in dairy products.
* Take your Chinese herbal medicine two times a day or as prescribed. Consistency is the key.
* Go to bed by 10 pm. You get the deepest sleep when you are sleeping by 11 pm. We heal when we are sleeping.
* Do not eat within two hours of going to bed.
* Start gentle exercises that are fun for YOU 3 ~ 4 times a week.
* Love yourself and others as much as you can: We are an integrative presence with body, mind and spirit.